St. John's Northwestern Military Academy rents its facilities to organizations including summer camp programs, corporations, and Boy and Girl Scout troops. Popular events include wedding ceremonies and receptions, company picnics, summer pool events, golf outings, and other sports activities. Weekly, daily and hourly plans are available.
Take advantage of all that St. John's Northwestern Military Academy has to offer when planning your next event.
All requests to use Noble Victory Memorial Chapel for weddings should be made directly by phone or email; do not fill out the form above.
CMSgt Steve Schweiss
Noble Victory Memorial Chapel
Constructed between 1920 and 1927, the Noble Victory Memorial Chapel was originally named Victory Memorial Chapel in honor of the St. John's Military Academy cadets who served in World War I. In 1997, the Samuel R. Noble Foundation and many others invested in renovating the chapel to its present beauty. Beautiful stained glass windows adorn the English Gothic style architecture. Outside, the broad lawns and towering trees provide a gorgeous backdrop.
Farrand Hall Gymnasium was constructed in 1949 and has three basketball courts (only one is full-size regulation) with an electric scoreboard and electric bleachers, Gerber Pool, and three weight rooms. Other athletic facilities include Price Davis Field at Rick Leone Stadium (football/lacrosse), Jim Duggan Field (baseball) and Adreani Track.
Originally constructed in 1959 as an open-air pool, the swimming pool was enclosed, and locker rooms and equipment rooms were added in 1965. Daniel Gerber S1916, founder of Gerber Baby Foods, was one of the principal contributors of the renovations, so the pool was renamed after him in honor of his gracious gift. The pool contains six lanes, and is 3 ft. in the shallow end and 12 ft. in the deep end with starting blocks in the deep end. Gerber Pool is available for use by schools and private businesses.
Welles Dining Hall Welles Dining Hall seats approximately 400 people. Meals are catered by Sodexo and are included with the Academy's boarding camps. In addition, the dining hall is available for special events such as reunions and wedding receptions.
Mouso Hall Student Center
The Mouso Hall Student Center is named after Colonel F. W. Mouso who was connected with St. John's Military Academy for 55 years. The recreation building was constructed in 1957 and the canteen (grill) section was opened in 1958. In 1959, the other half of the building (the large hall) was opened. Today, Mouso Hall Student Center features pool tables, air hockey, ping pong, foosball, a study area and a food stand.
St. John's Northwestern Military Academy features three residence halls: Smythe Hall, DeKoven Hall, and Hazelwood/Scott Johnston Hall.
Each residence hall room houses two people, and each room has a double bunk bed, a sink, two closets and an office style desk. Each residence hall has restrooms and showers with individual stalls.